Hope thrives here, grows here, lives here
I cannot show you photos of the 1,000 men, women and children who will call Star of Hope “home” tonight…but as you read through our story and see the faces of those we have served remember this:
Every smile you see was put there by someone like you, who, moved by compassion, gave to support our comprehensive programs for daily care and long-term solutions to homelessness.
I hope you’ll also visit the Changed Lives Videos to hear some of the residents share their inspiring stories in their own words.
Each and every day of the year – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – men, women and children with nowhere else to turn, come to use for food, shelter, emergency services and spiritual rescue. Following Christ’s calling, we are moving those helpless souls in our care from homeless … to hope.
Hank Rush, President & CEO
- Alcohol and drug education
- Life skills classes to provide tools for independent living.
- Work therapy, tutoring, GED, workforce development and employment assistance
- Spiritual skills classes to ground each man in the Word of God and Christ-centered living
- 30 days to 18 months of basic care through transformational programs
- Case management
- Safe housing and basic services
- Needed social services, guidance, therapy and support to begin healing emotional scars
- UTCADA licensed intensive substance abuse recovery program
- Spiritual recovery, Bible studies, chapel services,
- Work force development and education to help set and achieve employment goals and independent living
- A state-licensed Children’s Program, including child care, preschool, after school activities, homework assistance
- A Teen Program focusing on education and healthy living patterns and transition to college
- Referrals for and assistance to secure permanent housing
- a community of support including case management and social activities
- rental and childcare subsidies which decrease over time as families/individuals become more established in their new way of life
- financial coaching and classes to promote better money management skills
- accountability and emotional support to promote long-term sobriety and successful independent living