Welcome to Star of Hope Mission
Hope Lives Here
I can’t show you photos of the more than 1,000 men, women and children who will call Star of Hope “home” tonight…but as you study the following faces, remember this:
Every smile you see was put there by someone like you who, moved by compassion, gave to support our comprehensive programs for daily care and long-term solutions to homelessness.
I hope you’ll also visit the Star of Hope Video Channel to hear some of the residents share their inspiring stories in their own words.
Every day there are 1,000 reasons for you to partner with us and transform lives with hope. Thank you for considering how you can get involved!
Hank Rush, President & CEO
- Spiritual skills classes, to ground each man in the Word of God and Christ-centered living, the best relapse prevention of all.
- Alcohol and drug education to combat addictive behavior.
- Work therapy, tutoring, career development and employment assistance to preparemen for productive, fulfilling work.
- Life skills classes, to teach them basic life knowledge many never had, so they can pursue independent living.
- 30 days to 18 months of basic care through case management based transformational programs that include spiritual recovery, bible studies, chapel services, needed social services, guidance, therapy and support to begin healing emotional scars.
- UTCADA licensed intensive substance abuse recovery program.
- Work force development and education to help set and achieve employment goals and independent living.
- A state-licensed Children’s Program, including child care, preschool, after school activities, homework assistance, and Teen Program focusing on education and healthy living patterns and transition to college.
- Acommunity of support including case management and social activities.
- Accountability and emotional support in sobriety because loneliness and isolation often lead to relapse.
- A rental and childcare subsidy which decreases each year as a family becomes more established in their new way of life.
- Classes to promote better money management, so men and women can learn to budget, save and use their new pay checks wisely.