New Life for New Mothers
The New Life program is a Christ-centered program which, through the words of Christ, provides a nurturing and stable environment devoted to meeting the needs of pregnant young adults or young mothers between 18-24 years of age who are experiencing homelessness.
This intensive program is one year in length and will cover topics such as: understanding God’s plan for your life, parenting, money and time management, healthy relationships, overcoming barriers, dealing with loss, forgiveness, health and nutrition, individual and group counseling.
The New Life Program is designed to:
- provide a nurturing and stable environment for maintaining independent living for pregnant women or those who have recently delivered.
- increase a young mother’s parenting skills.
- increase the client’s skills to gain and maintain employment.
- help young mothers achieve greater self-determination and life management skills
The program provides:
- Shelter, food, clothing and a loving home-like environment
- Christian, structured, supportive environment
- One-on-one case management
- Life skills and parent education classes
- High-quality, comprehensive set of services including collaborations with other agencies
- Must be pregnant or a new mother between 18-23
- Client must be homeless
- Have a referral letter or an eviction notice
- Must possess a state ID, a Social Security card (birth certicate and social security card for the children)
- Able and willing to work a structured program
- Must be willing to pay program fees and savings on any income
- Attend and participate in classes daily
- Comply with master and monthly action plan
- Submit to and pass an alcohol/drug screen
- Attend all medical appointments as required by doctor
- Assist with community chores
For more information about New Life, please call the Women & Family Development Center at Star of Hope’s Cornerstone Community℠ at 713-440-5350 or email@example.com.