Job Summary: Therapist is responsible for providing children, adolescents and their parents with the assistance they need to resolve behavioral, emotional and social skills issues. The therapist will conduct individual, family and group therapy primarily addressing family dynamics and life skills.
- Provide therapeutic intervention through individual, family and group therapy. Provide specialized services for transitional aged youth.
- Work with counselors and case managers in identifying individuals in need of therapeutic intervention.
- Teach psycho educational classes for clients residing at Star of Hope and other collaborating agencies.
- Document weekly counseling appointments and progress notes in Client Track.
- Coordinate mental health services with other staff and outside agencies involved in the care of the child or family.
- Provide crisis intervention and mediation services as needed for suicidal/homicidal threats, conflict resolution and alleged or identified neglect and/or abuse.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s Degree in Psychology or Social Work. LMSW, LCSW, LPC or LMFT required.
Skills & Experience: Two years of counseling experience working with underprivileged individuals, including facilitating groups preferred. Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills. Ability to relate effectively with people of various social, economic and ethnic backgrounds. Ability to meet program schedules, goals and objectives. Good organization and follow-up skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work with other Star of Hope’s direct care staff. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Word. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License, with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance.
Good reading, writing, time management and ability to multitask. Good judgment in dealing with confidential client information and setting priorities. Capable of handling multiple tasks, coordinating detailed work and issues that need immediate attention. Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with employees, managers, directors, clients, volunteers and outside organizations that interact with Star of Hope.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required client/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.