Job Summary: Serve as a member of the teen staff team and assist with the implementation and supervision of the spiritual, educational and recreational activities for the youth attending the Teens’ Program. In addition to the job duties, attendance and participation is required in Program Development training and assignments that are designed to enrich and educate assistants about Star of Hope mission, vision, and values and the people Star of Hope serves.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of the youth attending the Teens’ Program.
- Assist with the implementation, coordination, and supervision of the spiritual, educational and recreational components of the Teens’ Program.
- Assist teens in adjusting to the new environment upon entry into the program.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling and supervision of all teens’ field trips and outings.
- Serve as a mentor and role model for the teens in the program.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with coworkers, volunteers, tutors, mentors and visitors at the Star of Hope.
- Adhere to minimum standards for childcare as required by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services-Childcare Licensing Division.
- Serve as a camp counselor and attend/supervise summer camps with youth as scheduled.
- Responsible to support a safe and secure environment for all clients, staff, donors and volunteers entering or staying within the Star of Hope – SAFETY FIRST.
- Attend all Program Development classes, complete all assignments, and meet with supervisor weekly for guidance & feedback.
- Provide back-up teens’ services at WF.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Current full time college student who is pursuing a four-year degree at an accredited college or university and currently at least a sophomore in standing (completed 30 hours) required.
Skills & Experience: One (1) plus year(s) experience preferred working with or ministering to at-risk adolescents in a school, church, camp, or other youth program setting. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.