Job Summary: The Spiritual Life Coordinator is responsible for providing for the spiritual needs of the residents, clients and staff of the Men’s Development Center while creating an atmosphere conducive to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and encouraging participation in spiritual enrichment activities.
- Encourage an atmosphere in the facility that is Christ-centered by planning, leading and/or coordinating bible studies, prayer groups, chapel services, special events, counseling, etc. for residents while modeling the fruits of the Holy Spirit for both Residents and Staff alike.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with churches and other Christian ministries.
- Provide daily spiritual counsel and guidance, assisting willing clients in the establishing and maintaining of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the local church.
- Be available to offer prayer and support to the MDC staff.
- Provide one-on-one counseling for clients as it relates to spiritual and moral issues.
- Assess the spiritual needs of the clients and provide resource opportunities/activities to meet those needs.
- Assist the Director in sustaining a Christ-centered environment.
- Maintain documentation on counseling sessions and appropriate statistical information as needed
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate.
- Provide back-up to Personal Development Instructor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Christian Education, Biblical Counseling, Christian Ministry or Social Work or related field with 2 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to make abstract spiritual concepts understandable. Valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance.
Must be detail oriented, relate well to individuals and to facilitate interaction in small group settings. Ability to articulate concepts in both teaching and preaching settings. Well-organized and able to update and maintain accurate client case files in a timely manner. Must have strong communication skills, both written and oral, and conflict resolution skills. Ability to speak in public and counsel individuals one-on-one. Proven problem solving ability and able to work in a team. Must be able to learn and retain information quickly in a fast-paced environment. Must have good judgement in dealing with confidential Star of Hope matters and client information.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required client/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.