Job Summary: Responsible for the physical safety, security and welfare of all facility residents. Responsible for monitoring residents in the areas of compliance with all rules policies, and procedures. Responsible for overseeing the cleanliness and smooth operations of the facility. Responsible for managing facility’s response to emergencies.
- Responsible for the physical safety, security and welfare of all residents. Monitor residents in the areas of compliance with all rules, policies and procedures.
- Oversee the cleanliness and smooth operations of the facility. Monitor Chore/Work Therapy assignments. Provide services with actions and attitudes consistent with a Christ-like manner.
- Manage facility’s response to emergencies. Provide crisis intervention and support to residents using Biblical principles to minister to their needs. Facilitate conflict resolution between residents and provide mediation. Communicate relevant information to management and case managers immediately and thoroughly.
- Assist residents with daily needs (i.e. – mail, toiletries, OTC meds, questions and concerns, etc.).
- Promote good relations between residents and staff by maintaining an atmosphere of cooperation, service to others, and a balance of “grace and truth” consistent with the “Christ Centered community” central to the Star of Hope mission statement.
- Assist RS Senior Lead Coordinator in completing and maintaining all necessary rosters, logs, folders, reports to ensure the smooth operation of RS department.
- Communicate, support, and work with other departments to ensure the integrity of care of all residents, including referring residents with specific needs to Program Staff, Spiritual Life Coordinators, Children’s/Youth staff, and Management.
- Provide advice, admonition, and encouragement from a Biblical perspective when interacting with residents.
- Report unsafe activities, conditions in all areas of the facility to Management.
- Complete necessary follow-ups involved in documenting each crisis (Significant Events Reports).
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience: Requires a High School Diploma or GED. Preferred 2 years of college or Associates Degree in social services or related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of and experience with substance abuse issues, mental health conditions, and homelessness preferred. Working knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Power Point, and Excel) required. Valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required residents/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.
Good reading, writing, time management and ability to multitask. Detail orientated with strong communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate information about residents’ policies, and procedures. Good judgement in dealing with the residents and confidential matters. Ability to problem-solve, work well without supervision. Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with employees, managers, residents, volunteers and outside organizations that interact with Star of Hope. Professional appearance and behavior.