Job Summary: Plan and coordinate programs and activities. Ensure implementation of policies and procedures. Track expenditures/transactions. Generate and submit reports. Document residents’ progress.
- Develop and maintain positive environment conducive to learning and rehabilitation.
- Teach Personal Development; develop, update, implement and distribute curriculum, class schedules, and rosters as necessary. Coordinate volunteers.
- Monitor and document residents’ progress, evaluate program trends, and recommend modifications to improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Program Services and team members to develop, plan and implement activities for PD, CD, ABE/GED and CLC programs.
- Order supplies, track expenditures and ensure accurate invoices are submitted to Accounting Department by deadlines. Assist in the management of programs and fiscal operations including budget development and modifications.
- Develop and submit regular comprehensive reports on ongoing programs including variances to management as needed.
- Ensure adherence to TLC and SOH policies and procedures.
- Work cooperatively with other team members on special projects.
- Maintain liaison with on-site and other agencies to ensure continuum of care for residents.
- Maintain regular communication on the day to day workings of the Programs Department.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in social services-related field (psychology, sociology, etc.) or related field from an accredited college and 2 plus years of experience within a social service agency, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience with substance abuse treatment, domestic violence, treatment of the mentally ill and managing staff from a biblical perspective in a Christian environment. Strong computer skills with fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance.
Good reading, writing, time management and ability to multitask. Detail oriented with strong communication skills. Good judgement in dealing with the residents and confidential matters. Ability to problem-solve, work well without supervision. Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with employees, managers, residents, volunteers and outside organizations that interact with Star of Hope. Professional appearance and behavior.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required residents/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.