Job Summary: Coordinate the intake and referral process by referring clients to TLC, including identifying, screening and interviewing potential candidates for the program. Coordinate and assist new residents with the move-in process. Assist in coordination of residents’ program by interacting with residents, staff and other social services agencies and volunteer groups for the purpose of guiding residents into self-sufficient independent lifestyles.
- Schedule and coordinate all aspects of the intake and referral process as it relates to identifying appropriate candidates for interviews and residents move-ins: including screening, setting appointments, interviewing applicants, notifying applicants of their status, assigning rooms/apartments to residents, assigning case managers to residents and notifying staff of move-ins. Logging all the pertinent information in the service point.
- Assess life management needs of each resident and assists in development of the Master Action Plan to help meet the unique needs of the client.
- Provide a weekly updated roster to staff and attend weekly staffing and new direction to discuss and monitor each client’s progress.
- Coordinate and implement quarterly banquets.
- Periodically serve outside the office to do intake at other service providers to facilitate a positive relationship with other organizations.
- Document client’s contact and other pertinent information in service point.
- Develop and maintain a strong professional network with other community social service providers.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing life management classes such as parenting, personal hygiene and appearance, mental health issues and management of money, time and resources.
- Maintain a current knowledge of life management issues and related topics through continuing education.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Sociology, Psychology or related field. Current license and certification in social work, psychology, counseling or related fields preferred.
Skills & Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in direct provision of social services. A good understanding of intake procedures for transitional living programs is required. Ability to meet program schedules, goals and objectives. Good organization and follow-up skills. Service–oriented attitude and tenacity to meet commitments. Microsoft Word, Outlook experience required.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required client/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.