Job Summary: The Driver III is responsible for transporting New Haven clients to and from medical and psychological appointments. Also, responsible for transporting residents to and from the grocery store and recreational activities as planned. May also drive rented mini-bus and Star of Hope “school” bus for trips and events as planned.
- Drives passenger van for program.
- Responsible for ensuring safe travel to and from appointments and other events/activities.
- Responsible for assisting clients on and off the van in a safe manner when necessary.
- Responsible for checking the vehicle before and after use to determine if there are any mechanical or other problems.
- Maintain a monthly calendar to schedule individual transport needs of the clients (i.e. medical or psychiatric appointments).
- Responsible for submitting work orders as needed to ensure all equipment is operating in a safe manner.
- Attend meetings of the “client planning committee” to ensure input regarding transportation needs for appointments, activities and events.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or GED.
Skills & Experience: A CDL (commercial driver’s license) is required with a passenger vehicle endorsement and a school bus endorsement is preferable. At least (1) year public or private transportation experience, strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others and not easily manipulated.
Equipment Used: Able to operate a passenger van, mini-bus, school bus, computer, fax, copier, multi-line phone system and calculator. Valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required residents/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.