Job Summary: The Communications Coordinator is responsible for establishing positive donor relationships through an integrated communications direct mail program and brand management from research to production. The Communications Coordinator will foster the growth of the donor program through print, telemarketing, and the Circle of Hope monthly giving program. In addition, the Communications Coordinator will provide assistance in the areas of data services, community relations, events, and public relations.
- Supervise and coordinate direct mail production and telemarketing campaign schedules and maintain contact with consultants, print and mail service centers for all print production.
- Schedule and conduct planning sessions with Direct Mail and telemarketing consultants to develop mailing schedules and campaign strategies.
- Coordinate client and alumni research; including interviews and photography required for mailings; and the transmission of information between data entry and consultants.
- Assist data services area with data clean up as needed.
- Administer brand management by analyzing the quality of direct mail packages, other print collateral and gift acknowledgments being mailed and interfacing with printers, to uphold Star of Hope’s commitment to quality communication within the community.
- Enhance the Circle of Hope monthly donor program, as well as convert active donors to monthly donors. Market and execute the Electronic Funds/Automatic Draft giving option to all donors.
- Responsible for overseeing New Donor Welcome strategy.
- Serve as an assistant in the areas of public relations, community relations and events planning in coordination with the team leads of those areas.
- Participate in Marketing & Communications team meetings, public relations, community relations and events as needed in coordination with supervisor and other staff members.
- Manage post office accounts and maintain knowledge of current mailing regulations with the Finance department.
- Assist the VP of Marketing and Communications with budget preparation and reporting.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Journalism or Communications with 1 year of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in communications and fundraising. Valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance.
Good reading, writing, time management and ability to multitask. Good judgment in dealing with confidential client and donor matters and setting priorities. Capable of handling multiple tasks, coordinating detailed work and issues that need immediate attention. Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with employees, managers, directors, clients, volunteers and outside organizations that interact with Star of Hope.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required client/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.