Job Summary: Responsible for the safety and security of all persons on the property and all organizational assets while on duty.
- Know and understand the rules and policies related to the residents and clients in the Star of Hope programs. Completing write-ups, incident reports and other documentation and submitting them to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Know and understand all intake procedures, must be competent in using the Service Point HMIS system to complete the intake process for all clients who enter our doors.
- Make frequent inspections of entrances and exits and ensure they are free of obstructions; keep sidewalks clear of debris.
- Through observation and audits, ensure the proper functioning of safety and loss prevention measures and security systems.
- Respond to and control all emergencies using safety and security criteria as a guide to decision-making.
- Refer client inquiries related to MDC programs or other services to appropriate staff.
- Greet volunteers and Church groups recording all names and required information; must be familiar with all published guidelines for daily activities and services to clients.
- Maintain order in the lobby, Client Services area, dining room, and Chapel; take disciplinary action as necessary making appropriate suggestions based on Star of Hope policies to correct inappropriate behaviors by clients.
- Greet all people appropriately as a representative of a Christian ministry.
- Ensure all clients, residents, guest, employees, visitors and contractors comply with organizational rules, policies and procedures.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED, security training preferred.
Skills & Experience: Previous experience working in a security, customer services or other public relations environment. Knowledge of non-violent interventions. Basic computer skills and Microsoft word.
Equipment Used: Phone system, fax machine, copy machine, computer and printer. Valid Texas Driver’s License, with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance.
Work Environment: A Christ-centered environment encompassing the entire MDC facility. Modern climate-controlled facility. Individual office with appropriate office equipment. Due to the nature of the population ministered to at the MDC there is the potential of exposure to various medical, physical and emotional situations. Professional dress is expected and required. Jeans with no holes/fraying may only be worn on Fridays and only as long as a Star of Hope shirt (T-shirt, polo-style or sweat shirt) is worn. Work Schedule may be subject to change to meet the business needs of the mission.
Relations with Others: This position has frequent contact with clients, staff, volunteers and vendors.
Good reading, writing, time management and ability to multitask. Knowledge and understanding of substance abuse issues, mental health conditions, and homelessness. Good judgment in dealing with confidential client information and setting priorities. Strong ability to counsel with those experiencing crisis situations. Capable of handling multiple tasks, coordinating detailed work and issues that need immediate attention. Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with employees, managers, directors, clients, volunteers and outside organizations that interact with Star of Hope.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required client/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.