Job Summary: The primary purpose of the Extended Services Case Manager is to assist near homeless and formerly homeless families/individuals to obtain and/or maintain successful independent living. The Extended Services Case Manager will also work closely Tabor TLC and Outreach staff to provide case management, services, and resources to those in need housing and in transition.
- Determine eligibility for Jump Start, New Horizons and Outreach assistance.
- Contact those in Jump Start at least three times per month—with at least one home office visit when possible. Maintain contact with each Follow-up client for a period of 4-6 months as needed and disperse the financial incentives over that period.
- Enter all client contacts, case notes, services provided, and other relevant data into Client Track within 48 hours of the visit/contact.
- Serve as a liaison between New Horizons and the Men’s Development Center and Tabor TLC case management staff to discuss referrals to the program.
- Conduct interviews for Jump Start, New Horizons and other Extended Services programs as assigned.
- Work closely with outreach clients in need of “diversion” assistance to prevent homelessness and/or help those who are homeless become housed (outreach clients).
- Promote New Horizons and Jump Start programs among the Tabor TLC and MDC clients (New Horizons only) in Community Meetings, posting New Horizons information flyers, and meeting with interested clients to answer questions.
- Serve as the primary contact for “Adopt-a-Family Christmas Program”. Ensure detailed reports are submitted when the program is complete of all those families/individuals participating—donors and recipients.
- Primary liaison with apartment complexes housing Jump Start and New Horizons clients.
- Generate a monthly Activities Report to include all visits, contacts, services and other relevant information and submit it by the 3rd working day of the following month.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collect and distribute mail for all Follow-up clients for a period of 30 days from exit.
- Create an Extended Services Newsletter to be published quarterly and sent to all Alumni, Outreach, and other interested community partners.
- Work closely with the outreach staff to plan and organize Community Events and Activities for Alumni.
- Gather exit information—address; phone numbers; emergency contact for all those exiting the Tabor Transitional Living Center.
- Collect and maintain copies of all receipts from gift cards/checks etc.
Education, Skills & Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in social services-related field (psychology, sociology, theology, religion, etc.) with 6 months but less than 1 year of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance. Ability to drive a 15-passenger van.
Good reading, writing, time management and ability to multitask. Good judgment in dealing with confidential client information and setting priorities. Capable of handling multiple tasks, coordinating detailed work and issues that need immediate attention. Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with employees, managers, directors, clients, volunteers and outside organizations that interact with Star of Hope.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required client/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.