Job Summary: Provide for the care, safety, nurturing and cognitive, emotional, physical, and spiritual development of the children attending the Childcare Center.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Provide for the care, safety and nurturing of the children attending the childcare center by adhering to minimum standards for childcare as required by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services-Childcare Licensing Division.
- Effectively teach the biblical curriculum daily to the children attending the childcare program, supporting each child’s learning with hands on activities and application of the curriculum to meet the different learning styles and developmental needs of individual children.
- Implement monthly lesson plans and customize plans to be age and developmentally appropriate for the classroom.
- Provide for the cognitive and physical stimulation of the children attending the center, adjusting for age level and developmental stages.
- Provide for the children’s daily needs, including frequent diaper changing or toileting, appropriate feeding and hygiene.
- Be able to respond calmly to a child’s emotional needs and/or redirect challenging behavior from a biblical perspective.
- Complete all required paperwork, including children’s daily logs, children’s roster, meal counts, monthly reports, and other information as requested by the Manager of Children’s Ministry.
- Maintain a clean, sanitized and organized learning environment for the children in the classroom.
- Conduct parent conferences to discuss the children’s progress.
- Provides updates on children’s progress interdepartmentally and with management.
- Participate, as needed, in interdepartmental staffing and communication to help ensure that there are mutually agreed upon goals, requirements, outcomes, regarding the family.
- Adhere to standards required by the National Association for the Education of Young Children-Accreditation Program for Childcare Centers if assigned to TLC facility.
- Provide backup child care coverage as needed.
- Participate in ministry and prayer activities as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Skills & Experience: Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, Associate’s Degree, or completion of some college credits from an accredited college or university with one-year experience teaching children in a licensed childcare center, public or private school, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must pass a criminal background check. Valid Texas Driver’s License or government-issued ID. Knowledge and basic ability in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Power Point, and Excel) required.
Must have strong communication skills, both written and oral, conflict resolution skills, and classroom management skills. Must maintain a positive attitude and be able to create a good impression commanding attention, respect and confidence from children and parents. Possess a genuine interest and concern for the welfare of young children. Proven problem solving ability and able to work in a team. Must complete a minimum of 24 hours of staff development per year as required by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required client/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.