- Minister, mentor and assist youth in adjusting to the new shelter environment upon entry into the program and maintain appropriate assessments, reports and ministry throughout stay.
- Teach, develop, coordinate and implement the spiritual, educational and recreational curriculum and activities for the program.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of the youth attending the Teen Program.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling, supervision, and transportation of all teens’ field trips and outings.
- Serve as a liaison between the area schools’ officials and SOH’s Children Services staff; including working with the HISD homeless outreach workers and assisting the youth and the families to ensure provision of school services.
- Conduct parent conferences to discuss the youth’s progress
- Participate and attend interdepartmental meetings and collaborative agency meetings (e.g. CPS, ARDs, etc..)
- Create new social service relationships through new contacts, business meetings, trainings and other such community events notifying Supervisor of all new contacts and potential new relationships.
- Maintain appropriate contacts and relationships with all pertinent service providers ensuring referrals to other agencies.
- Provide updates on youth’s progress, reports, and follow-up information to the Manager of Children’s Services and to the appropriate staff.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Adhere to minimum standards for childcare as required by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services-Childcare Licensing Division.
- Provide classroom coverage at TLC and/or WF when needed.
- Attend all staffing meetings to provide information and support in the therapeutic discussion of guest’s needs and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: BA/BS in social services-related field (psychology, sociology, theology, religion, etc.).
Skills & Experience: 1+ year(s) experience teaching or working with adolescents in public and private schools or in youth programs. Strong ability to minister & counsel to those experiencing crisis. Experience in working with homeless population preferred. Knowledge of and experience with substance abuse issues, mental health conditions, and homelessness preferred. Strong knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Power Point, and Excel) required. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.