Job Summary: The Vice President of Donor Relations is responsible for the strategic execution and management of strategies to develop Star of Hope’s Individual Major Gift, Corporate, Planned Giving Program, and Foundations and Grants through established or new donor relationships. Responsibilities also include maintaining personal major donor relationships and initiating strategies to increase Star of Hope’s gift contributions through assigned relationships with the entities listed above.
- Supervise the program and develop strategies to meet annual goals for individual major donors, corporations, planned giving and foundations and grants.
- Maintain current relationships with assigned donors and identify opportunities to develop new donor relationships within each area of fundraising responsibility.
- Review strategies to strengthen Star of Hope’s donor relations during regularly scheduled meetings to include Executive Leadership and Major Donor Officers. Also hold regular one on one and team meetings with direct reports to strategize and track goal achievement.
- Is a member of the Executive Management Team and is responsible for both strategic leadership and operational management roles. Ensures that the Christ-centered Mission Statement and Core Values of excellence, integrity, and life change are communicated and implemented throughout Donor Relations.
- Participation in planning and coordination of events involving Major Donors and Legacy of Hope Society members, as well as ongoing development of cultivation opportunities with new affinity groups.
- Prepare pertinent communications for outside constituents and prospects as needed.
- Provide tours for major donors and planned giving donors/prospects and public speaking where required.
- Develop overall annual team action plans, performance reviews, and budget with staff. Effective use and supervision of computer database and record keeping for the team.
- Contribute to weekly Development and bi-weekly Communications Staff Meetings.
- Works closely with Director of Annual Giving to develop a system of Major Donor and Prospect Management using Raiser’s Edge:
- Create system of move management within the RE Database
- Identify potential new or major donors
- Qualify potential new or major donors
- Cultivate and Solicit (Major Gift Officers)
- Stewardship (Major Gift Officers)
- Reporting in RE
- Researcher’s Edge
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience: Requires a Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university with ten years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising to include experience in securing major gifts of $250,000+, and leading a development team with preference to a nonprofit Christian ministry background.
Ability to learn Raiser’s Edge Donor Software package. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Social skills necessary to entertain or visit major donors in a wide variety of settings. Must be effective in presentation. Valid Texas Driver’s License, with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required client/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.