Job Summary: Supervise the daily activities, and the overall functioning of the Resident Services Ministry Staff to ensure excellence and integrity in a Christ-centered community. In the absence of Manager of Resident Support may assume lead position.
- Supervise the operations, daily activities and over all functioning of the Resident Services Ministry staff. Coordinate with the Manager of Resident Services the hiring, training, disciplining, and evaluation staff.
- Coordinate staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage at all times. Respond while on-call to program needs, including open shifts.
- Assist Manager of Resident Services with updating/revising of Resident Services Policies and Procedures Manual, Resident Handbook, Bar List, Team Work Log, RS “Best Practices”, and maintaining Resident Support departmental folder.
- Provide crisis intervention and support to Cornerstone Residents using Biblical principles to minister to their needs. Facilitate conflict resolution with residents and staff, and provide mediation. Communicate necessary situations to the appropriate managers immediately.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for all residents, staff, donors, and volunteers entering or staying within the Star of Hope – SAFETY FIRST. Report unsafe activities, conditions in all areas of the facility to management, and complete necessary follow-ups involved in documenting each crisis.
- Work with the Manager of Resident Services and other SOH Cornerstone program staff to support an effective, professional, and “Christ-centered community” with services that meet the needs of residents.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate.
- Supervise temporary staff and volunteers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in social services-related field (psychology, sociology, theology, religion, etc.) or related field from an accredited college and 1 plus years of management experience within a non-profit/social service agency, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience with substance abuse treatment, domestic violence, treatment of the mentally ill and managing staff from a biblical perspective in a Christian environment. Strong computer skills with fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance.
Good reading, writing, time management and ability to multitask. Detail orientated with strong communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate information about residents’ policies, and procedures. Good judgement in dealing with the residents and confidential matters. Ability to problem-solve, work well without supervision. Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with employees, managers, residents, volunteers and outside organizations that interact with Star of Hope. Professional appearance and behavior.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required residents/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.