Job Summary: Answer phones promptly, greet guests with cheerfulness, kindness, compassion and professionalism. Monitor and control the front doors and reception area.
- Answer telephone calls promptly according to SOH procedure and direct calls to appropriate stations. Record and pass on messages for staff that are unable to accept calls. Greet visitors, volunteers and prospective guests cheerfully and professionally and assist them appropriately. Record Significant Event Reports, Disciplinary Action Reports, 911 calls and other appropriate memos, e-mails or information forms.
- Assist the Manager of Client Services in scheduling and follow up of new volunteers after receiving their application, update the volunteer scheduling, maintain the volunteer and visitor sign-up binders, pick up and sort mail received from Hope Center. Assist clients as needed i.e. signing in/out, distributing sack lunches, medication snacks, ice and dinner plates, making copies, faxing, lock-outs and minimal emergency supplies when needed.
- Monitor and control the main doors and lobby area of the shelter ensuring the safety and security of residents and staff within the facility.
- Correspond with Case Managers and Intake Coordinators to determine move-ins/outs of all clients.
- Ensure volunteers, volunteer groups, Harris County Hospital District employees and all visitors sign in and out.
- Convey appropriate kindness and compassion for every resident entering the facility and participating as a resident of Star of Hope; treating all residents with appropriate dignity and respect.
- Refer guests with specific needs to, Intake Coordinators, Case Managers, New Hope Counselors, Therapists, Spiritual Life Coordinator and Management as appropriate.
- Responsible to work safely and report all unsafe conditions and behaviors immediately to Management.
- Provide appropriate reports and follow-up information as directed by Supervisor.
- Communicate, support and work with other departments ensuring the integrity of care of all guests.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Skills & Experience: Experience in ministry or social services field. Knowledge of and experience with substance abuse issues, mental health conditions and homelessness preferred. Working knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel) required.
Ability to operate multi-line telephone system, type 30 wpm. Customer service experience desired. Microsoft word and data entry experience are preferred.