Job Summary: Answer a multi-line phone system and direct calls to the appropriate extension, department or staff member. Greet and assist residents, staff, volunteers and visitors in all areas of customer service in a professional, positive and cheerful demeanor to ensure quality of services with excellence and integrity.
- Answer and transfer telephone calls promptly within policy guidelines to appropriate stations.
- Greet and assist residents, staff, visitors, and volunteers with badges and ensure they adhere to the sign-in and sign-out procedures.
- Greet visitors, and volunteers cheerfully and professionally and assist them appropriately.
- Maintain a positive, professional atmosphere and appearance in the reception area.
- Receive deliveries, process outgoing, incoming mail and other shipments and assist with donations as necessary.
- Respond to emails and customer service inquires in a timely manner.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience: Requires a High School Diploma or GED. Customer service experience required. Ability to operate multi-line telephone system, type 30 wpm. Knowledge of and experience with substance abuse issues, mental health conditions, and homelessness is desired. Working knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Power Point, and Excel) required. Valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance.
Good reading, writing, time management and ability to multitask. Detail orientated with strong communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate information about residents’ policies, and procedures. Good judgement in dealing with the residents and confidential matters. Ability to problem-solve, work well without supervision. Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with employees, managers, residents, volunteers and outside organizations that interact with Star of Hope. Professional appearance and behavior.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required residents/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.