Job Summary: Coordinate, implement and update program activities in the Programs Department including Intake and Assessment, Biblical Counseling Program, New Pathways, New Pathways Extensive, and the Housing Transition Program. Plan, coordinate and administer activities of the assigned programs. Ensure regular and accurate documentation of client progress in CaseWorthy.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Intake and Counseling Services to plan, coordinate, and administer activities of Intake and Assessment, Biblical Counseling Program, New Pathways, New Pathways Extensive and the Housing Transition Program to include developing, implementing, and coordinating related procedures, processes, services, and systems; train employees in the proper methods and procedures as needed.
- Develop, plan, update and implement New Pathways and New Pathways Extensive Program components and activities including, but not limited to, curriculum, schedules, rosters, volunteers, systems for tracking progress and program effectiveness, dress for success, extra-curricular activities, attendance records, monthly graduation commencement, seminars, conferences, workshops, outside and other related activities; develop and coordinate new ideas and concepts for program themes, materials, resources to supplement, expand or replace existing program components.
- Act as liaison with other programs and offices within and outside Star of Hope to ensure continuum of care; attend staffing meetings, New Direction and other meetings pertinent to the welfare of the facility and clients. Maintain documentation of attendance and a brief description of the event.
- Assist in the coordination of interns and volunteers who report to the department to include scheduling and delegation of tasks.
- Maintain regular communication on the day to day workings of the department.
- Assist and monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds as appropriate; work with assigned programs and the Finance department to ensure that receipts/vouchers/reports are accurate and turned in on time. Report variances and inaccuracies to the Manager of Intake and Counseling Services.
- Monitor and evaluate programs’ (I&A, BC, NP, NPX, and HTP) effectiveness, investigate trends, and recommend and implement modifications to improve effectiveness.
- Ensure that staff close out and exit residents who graduate from the programs or leave the program in the HMIS (CaseWorthy) in a timely manner.
- Provide the Manager of Intake and Counseling Services with end of the month reports by the last working day of each month.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in social services-related field (psychology, sociology, theology, religion, etc.) or related field from an accredited college and 2 plus years of experience within a social service agency, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience with substance abuse treatment, domestic violence, treatment of the mentally ill and managing staff from a biblical perspective in a Christian environment. Strong computer skills with fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance.
Good reading, writing, time management and ability to multitask. Detail orientated with strong communication skills. Good judgement in dealing with the residents and confidential matters. Ability to problem-solve, work well without supervision. Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with employees, managers, residents, volunteers and outside organizations that interact with Star of Hope. Professional appearance and behavior.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required residents/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.