- Know and understand the rules and policies related to the residents and clients in the Star of Hope programs. Completing write-ups, incident reports and other documentation and submitting them to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Know and understand all intake procedures, must be competent in using the Service Point HMIS system to complete the intake process for all clients who enter our doors.
- Make frequent inspections of entrances and exits and ensure they are free of obstructions; keep sidewalks clear of debris.
- Through observation and audits, ensure the proper functioning of safety and loss prevention measures and security systems.
- Respond to and control all emergencies using safety and security criteria as a guide to decision-making.
- Refer client inquiries related to MDC programs or other services to appropriate staff.
- Greet volunteers and Church groups recording all names and required information; must be familiar with all published guidelines for daily activities and services to clients.
- Maintain order in the lobby, Client Services area, dinning room, and Chapel; take disciplinary action as necessary making appropriate suggestions based on Star of Hope policies to correct inappropriate behaviors by clients.
- Greet all people appropriately as a representative of a Christian ministry.
- Ensure all clients, residents, guest, employees, visitors and contractors comply with organizational rules, policies and procedures.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Client Services.
High School Diploma or GED, security training preferred. Previous experience working in a security, customer services or other public relations environment. Knowledge of non-violent interventions.