Connect with Star of Hope
Prayer & Praises
Central to life at Star of Hope Mission is our dedication to seeking the power and presence of the Lord Jesus Christ through praise and prayer. We encourage you to pray with us as we put all things in His hands, praising Him for His faithfulness, and trusting Him to do mighty things in the lives of all who come to our doors, desperate and in need.
For prayer requests or sharing praise, please use the form below or send an email to email@example.com. Our staff and prayer partners will pray for you. We will keep your name confidential.
- For those who are hungry and on the streets with nowhere else to turn. Pray that they will discover the hope of Christmas in their lives
- For struggling families who are living on the brink of disaster. Pray that they will find hope this Christmas and beyond at Star of Hope
- For the men, women and children who live without the Good News of Christmas. Pray that your support will help open the door to God's love
- For the people who have not yet come to Star of Hope - who are still living on the streets, struggling to survive. That God will prepare and soften their hearts so that when they come through our doors for the first time, they will recognize this as a safe place and be ready to accept Christ's love
- For the resources to meet the growing needs of children and families this fall
- For every guest and resident to feel loved, and for our staff and volunteers to be strong in this time of great need
- For God's guidance on how to best reach the hungry and hurting in our city
- For residents pursuing their GED on the path to better employment, that they will be able to learn and retain the skills they need
- For Star of Hope to help more people each day through Houston's support. This is Our City ∙ Our Home ∙ Our Mission.
- For the most incredible Christmas gift of all - Jesus Christ who was born to reveal God's saving grace
- For friends and partners who give generously to make Christmas dreams come true for the hungry and homeless of Houston
- For Star of Hope volunteers who give of their time and talent to put God's love into action at Christmas and all year
- For each and every meal we are able to serve at Star of Hope
- For the spiritual growth of our guests and residents as they attend chapel services and Bible studies
- For Star of Hope graduates staying strong in their jobs and new lives
- For children at Star of Hope who are making the decision to follow Christ and learning more about Him every day
- For our residents and graduates who have found the work they need to become self-supporting
- For Jesus Christ, who came to die for our sins and give us abundant life
- For the faithful supporters of Star of Hope who truly are the hands and feet of Christ
Praises and Prayers from some of our youngest residents, Star of Hope children:
- “ Dear Jesus, thank you for dying on a cross for us so I can be with you."
- “ For my brother to know when he goes to daycare that we’re not leaving him, we’re coming back.”
- “ I pray for a house, my sisters and we move very soon and I want to do better in school.”
- “ Forgive me for my sins. Thank you for waking me up this morning, helping with hard decisions and getting my family back on their feet. Please do not send the flood for forty days and nights.”
- “ I pray for a house that accepts pets. I pray for all those who have sinned against me and my family. I pray for Ruben to stop bothering me. I pray for a good future.”
- “ I thank God that I have parents and teachers and I pray for poor people and those who don’t have clean water.”
- “ That my mom finds an apartment, and a job. That I change and get better and that me and my sister stop fighting. I can see my dad and that my mom and dad get back together.
- “ Help me be a better person.”
- “ Loving God, Sometimes I forget to be helpful and kind. Please forgive me. Thank you for being there for me. Help those who are hungry. Help me be a better person. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
- "I want to thank those people who put money in for us to go to camp and paid for us to have clothes for camp."